Prequalification General requirements and services
General requirements and services procurement involves an eligibility assessment of suppliers/bidders in certain commodity groups prior to contract award. Such a "PQ-Bahn Prequalification Process" is thus an entry requirement for participating in many of our contract award procedures.
Prequalification is required for certain commodity groups/services
A successful prequalification procedure is generally required for the procurement of consulting services.
Engineering services, certification services, IT services (IT/telecoms), market research, M&A consulting, legal advice, headhunting/outplacement and training/coaching are excluded from this.
For more information, please see the documents and videos below.
Further information on prequalification for consulting services
Facility management and environmentally-relevant services
- Design work for plant, machinery and equipment
- Directory of prequalified companies specialized in design of elevator/escalator/conveyor and machine technology for passenger stations: Download
- Design of elevator/escalator/conveyor and machine technology for passenger stations Procedure rules (German)
Test category 1 (German)
Test category 1 evaluation overview (German)
Test category 2, Appendices, evaluation overview (German)
- Security services
- Manual vegetation management on tracks
- Automatic vegetation management on tracks
Machines, engineering facilities and materials
- Vehicle coating, lettering, and films
- Non-ferrous metals
- Personal protective equipment
- Cleaning products, coatings and adhesives
- Cleaning and care products for vehicles, graffiti removers
- Corporate clothing
- Fasteners, tubes and small track components
- Rolled steel, sectional steel and steel sheets
A successful prequalification procedure is also required for the procurement of buses.
For more information, please refer to the documents below.
Prequalification process rules (German)